Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Because Bus Riders Like Good Food, Too!

What possessed me to create this blog?

First and foremost, because I love food.  Diners, Drive-ins,and Dives is one of my favorite shows on television, and I think Guy Fieri has one of the best jobs in the world.  I love eating interesting food, visiting new places, and writing about the fun I've had.  But I don't just like to eat Guy FIeri's kind of food.  I also like to eat gourmet, ethnic, and anything else that strikes my fancy.  Some of what I like is from chain restaurants, and some of what I like is from individual, hole-in-the-wall places.  At least one place that I will cover here in the future is not a restaurant, at all.

Why just write about restaurants that can be reached by bus?

The quick answer:  I had to find a niche somewhere, and I didn't want to limit myself to writing about just wine or just desserts or just Italian food, etc.   But bus riders?  Serious niche market, there.

The longer answer:  Houston is a very spread-out city, in which it is all but necessary to use a car to travel anywhere in a reasonable amount of time if you don't live inside Loop 610.  Despite this, many Houstonians use the bus and light rail system as their primary means of transportation, and they too like to eat tasty food.  I am one of those people.  Ergo, here's my food blog, and welcome to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment